Mike has over 20 years of experience handling complex business litigation matters, including financial fraud cases, internal investigations, joint use and pole attachment litigation and shareholder disputes. He is admitted to practice before all Georgia trial and appellate courts, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Mike was an auditor with Deloitte & Touche, where he supervised financial audits in the government contracting, media services and manufacturing industries and supervised corporate fraud audits and investigations.
- Represented S&P 500 company in pursuing claims against former directors, officers and equity holders arising out of alleged “pump and dump” scheme involving substantial merger transaction
- Represented Fortune 500 company in pursuing claims against former manager and others who diverted funds through shell corporations
- Represented real estate developer in pursuing claims against former joint venturers in connection with fabricated and inflated transactions
- Conducted internal investigation of alleged improprieties surrounding potential acquisition of healthcare provider’s assets, resulting in the dismissal of executive officer and management team members and recovery of substantial funds
- Represented special litigation committee in investigation of shareholder demand alleging breaches of fiduciary duties by directors and officers and in shareholder derivative litigation
- Represented telecommunications provider in numerous joint use and pole attachment disputes and related rate negotiations with various electric utilities and electric cooperatives